DOT Testing Requirements for Alcohol Screening
In addition to strict drug testing requirements, the Department of Transportation also requires employers to perform pre-employment, random, post-accident, or reasonable suspicion alcohol screening on any individual carrying out a “safety-sensitive” role.
ARCpoint Labs of Spokane can provide assistance with compliance to ensure your testing meets the DOT’s standards.
Heading: Ensuring Your DOT Alcohol Screening Compliance
The DOT’s rule 49 CRF Part 40 explains requirements for DOT alcohol testing including the following:
- Only certain personnel – Screening Test Technician (STTs & Breath Alcohol Technicians (BATs) may conduct DOT alcohol screening
- Alcohol screening must be documented with forms specially-furnished by the DOT
- Only certain devices are approved for use in DOT alcohol screening & confirmation testing
- Required steps for a DOT alcohol screening and DOT alcohol confirmation test
- Procedures for handling results
ARCpoint Labs of Spokane understands the importance of DOT compliance and the particulars of all alcohol screening requirements. We can help your organization achieve compliance and streamline the alcohol testing process.
Certified for Alcohol Screening
ARCpoint Labs of Spokane employs certified STTs and BATs so that we can legally conduct DOT-alcohol testing.
We are also designated a full-service Third Party Provider (TPP) through Health and Human Services under the National Laboratory Certification Program (NLCP), meaning any organization needing DOT alcohol testing may use ARCpoint Labs of Spokane.
Learn More About Our Testing Services
For more information on DOT alcohol screening, contact ARCpoint Labs of Spokane today!