Passive Exposure Environmental Testing
Did you know?
- Meth itself may not be the biggest danger in a house where the drug is manufactured. Chemical residue in ventilation systems, improper waste disposal and contaminated food can result in health problems ranging from headaches to skin irritation and serious burns.
- More than 30 chemicals are used in methamphetamine production. Some of them — which are actually manufactured for paint removal and insecticide use — are known carcinogens.
- Meth lab clean-up laws vary from state to state. Chemical residues can last long after drug manufacturing ends.
Reliable Testing for Hidden Dangers
When a child’s welfare is involved, every precaution should be taken to ensure their environment is safe. Reliable testing can confirm or refute whether a home is actually safe to live in. Passive exposure drug testing allows social workers and legal officials to investigate a child’s environment to ensure that it is drug-free.
Legal officials turn to passive exposure testing to determine a child’s safety or the presence of drugs in his or her environment. Passive exposure drug testing results indicate indirect exposure to a drug. The results can show experiences of one or more of the following situations:
- Contact with the physical substance
- Contact with drug smoke
- Passive inhalation of smoke
- Accidental or intentional ingestion of the drug in question
Toxins You Can’t See Can Hurt You
Even the most responsible caregiver can unknowingly endanger a child by exposing them to invisible toxins in the home environment.
Children exposed to chemical residue from drug production may suffer from breathing problems, stunted growth, sleeping disorders and other impairments. Reliable environment testing offers an unbiased evaluation of the passive exposure dangers present in a child’s environment. This information can guide court decisions in matters of child abuse and child welfare.
If you need to conduct a passive exposure drug test, contact ARCpoint Labs of Spokane. Our protocols ensure accuracy of all court-admissible test results.
Accurate. Reliable. Confidential Testing.